Walking My Labyrinth

As I walk along, I find that I am drawn to holding my musings and moments up to the Mirror to allow proper reflection. As I examine my life and thoughts and the teachings of Spirit contained therein, I invite any and all to partake or not of my ramblings. You may be walking a different path, or in a different place on the great wheel of spirit but allow the divine thread hidden within us all to activate the catalyst for your growth. Namaste'

My Photo
Name:
Location: perpetual confusion

Thursday, October 6

The Shower Meditation.

There are many moments in our lives that be fulfilling and deeply spiritual, but one that I feel may often get overlooked by most people is the time you spend in the shower. On many levels it is a moment of cleansing and reflection.

There is no exacting ritual like that of the Japanese Tea Ceremony, but it is nonetheless a moment of zenlike transcendence where you can let the body follow the path towards cleanliness (which it has been remarked is closer to claustraphobia and cleavage rather than godliness which itself is closer to goggles), while one lets the mind go...

Some of my better moments of inspiration have arrived while in the process of body and soul maintenance that one undergoes with the application of hot water raining down on one's head.

I have ignored innuendos about my time spent in the shower, shrugged off the opinions of people who feel that the time in the shower is something to be rushed through. Anything less than twenty minutes in the shower is mere dabbling. I have affixed a mirror in the shower so that I may shave and brush my teeth whilst in the shower, all bathroom duties take place in the extended cleansing experience.

This is albeit purely a matter of personal opinion and something that I haven't done any kind of survey, formal or informal, to investigate but I feel that anyone who claims that they don't *ahem* urinate while showering is either lying or has severe issues that they need to address. You are already in a moment of cleaning the body and soul, so why not release all stored toxins to be carried away...

And you may be going, "Oh man! Why did he have to go there!" Life and growth is not about just the pretty things in life. Think about what the primary ingredient of natural fertilizer is and how much better crops and gardens grow when they receive.

In order to fully examine oneself and one's life, you need to look at the dark moments as well as the light ones. Own and accept every part of who you are.

Namaste'