Walking My Labyrinth

As I walk along, I find that I am drawn to holding my musings and moments up to the Mirror to allow proper reflection. As I examine my life and thoughts and the teachings of Spirit contained therein, I invite any and all to partake or not of my ramblings. You may be walking a different path, or in a different place on the great wheel of spirit but allow the divine thread hidden within us all to activate the catalyst for your growth. Namaste'

My Photo
Name:
Location: perpetual confusion

Sunday, October 9

Saltwater and Cellphones don't mix

It's fitting that I start this next entry while I sit here on the beach in Corpus Christi, I won't type for too long out of sheer paranoia for the effects of the salt air on my delicate laptop components, but it must be done. Both between the promises made and the sheer idea of blogging cellularly from the sea shore.

Before I allow myself to digress as I am very capable of doing, let me get to the wisdom of the moment.

Whatever you do, when you go to ocean or the gulf coast, or any body of water for that matter, make sure you leave your cell phone in the vehicle when you decide in your apple martini daze to go swimming out in the warm salty ocean water.

I'm not kidding... this is very bad for the delicate electronics of your cell phone.

There is no recovery of any the phone numbers that you have stored in the old phone that you have absolutely no way of recovering since the people have since moved on from the locations or methods by which you would otherwise contact them.

Can you tell I speak from the voice of experience?

Another lesson for all and sundry to take dear to heart, if you use your cell phone as your little black book or your place to store all important information, back up the information. Preferably on some kind of paper format.

(oh and for sake of total and complete honesty, since the cellular internet thingy {technical term for the card, don't forget it, cellular internet thingy, there will be a test} can't seem to find a signal out here on the coast this is actually being typed and saved to be uploaded later.)

I could keep typing but you know what? I really think I'm gonna turn off the computer and start heading out into the ocean, past the point where the water is over my head and face my fears head on (have I mentioned that I am not the world's most confident swimmer?)

Remind me to tell you later about the time I went swimming in the Gulf of Mexico when I was a teenager when my fear of drowning was at an all time high, but for now the water and my attempts to control my fear beckon to me.

Oh BTW its very important to pay attention to the passage of time and the progress of the tide so that one doesn't get one's vehicle trapped in the ocean *grin*