Walking My Labyrinth

As I walk along, I find that I am drawn to holding my musings and moments up to the Mirror to allow proper reflection. As I examine my life and thoughts and the teachings of Spirit contained therein, I invite any and all to partake or not of my ramblings. You may be walking a different path, or in a different place on the great wheel of spirit but allow the divine thread hidden within us all to activate the catalyst for your growth. Namaste'

My Photo
Name:
Location: perpetual confusion

Tuesday, January 30

Media Musings

Throughout most of life there will be found some kind of progression.
Whether you are looking macroscopic or microscopic there are
interesting organic patterns to be found.

As I watch shows like Heroes, Battlestar Galactica and others (even a
bubble gum show like Studio 60) I can see the use of those patterns in
the writing styles and visual elements.

Its kind of like taking chaos mathematics and fractal geometry and
applying it to a different visual medium.

I remember being fascinated by picture of the Mandelbrot set and other
computer graphic representations of fractal geometry equations. I
always wondered how that first person made the mental leap from
thinking about the mathematical equations to being able to visualize
it as an image.

Now the art has progressed that I can see the same type of recursive
and repeating patterns played out in modern media. Between the
visuals, the story elements, and even the music all working together
to give you a sense of the greater whole that still remains unseen.

Stretch your mind and shift your focus and allow yourself to touch
upon the minds of the philosophers as they contemplate the shadows on
the cave walls in an attempt to analyze the nature of the flames
providing the light.

*wry grin*

A discussion of the movie Pan's Labyrinth will await another time.
Needless to say I could see the shapings of the labyrinth in the
twisting of the plot, including the "moment" that one has in the
center. The only comment I have to make is that most of us have to
take the journey out from the center again, unlike the main character
of that movie.