Walking My Labyrinth

As I walk along, I find that I am drawn to holding my musings and moments up to the Mirror to allow proper reflection. As I examine my life and thoughts and the teachings of Spirit contained therein, I invite any and all to partake or not of my ramblings. You may be walking a different path, or in a different place on the great wheel of spirit but allow the divine thread hidden within us all to activate the catalyst for your growth. Namaste'

My Photo
Name:
Location: perpetual confusion

Monday, October 24

The Loss of Innocence

I still very vividly remember the day I first learned the concept of speaking Untruth.

I was four years old while on a trip with my mother and the man who was to become my step father and his children travelling around Michigan on vacation. It was kind of an open ended vacation where we were gonna keep going as long as the money lasted so there were a lot of cost saving measures taken. We camped out almost everywhere we went and kept frivolous purchases to a minimum.

We were getting ready to take the ferry to Mackinac Island when the bottom fell out of my universe.

My mother said to me, "Now remember, you are three years old."

I didn't respond. I was devastated. I was confused. Had I really been wrong about my age? Had I dreamed an entire year of life and woken up to find it hadn't really happened? Had there been a paradigm shift and I didn't get the memo (I didn't think in those words at that age, but it does accurately describe how I felt at the time)?

Lost in the turmoil of my mind, I waited until my parents had purchased the tickets for the ferry ride. What I didn't know at the time (or probably wouldn't have understood if I had anyways) was that children three and under got on free. Before we walked away from the cashier I asked my mother with a voice trembling in fear, "But I'm still four, right?"