Walking My Labyrinth

As I walk along, I find that I am drawn to holding my musings and moments up to the Mirror to allow proper reflection. As I examine my life and thoughts and the teachings of Spirit contained therein, I invite any and all to partake or not of my ramblings. You may be walking a different path, or in a different place on the great wheel of spirit but allow the divine thread hidden within us all to activate the catalyst for your growth. Namaste'

My Photo
Name:
Location: perpetual confusion

Thursday, November 17

Momentary Distraction

As I think deep thoughts and try to express them, I needed to sidetrack myself for a moment to clarify my perspective to myself and I did a brief jaunt and found this...




Your Birthdate: December 31



You're a pretty traditional person. If it's lasted, it's probably good.

You seek stability - both in your career and your romantic relationship.

In return, you're very loyal and predictable. Which is usually a good thing.

Without a partner, you feel lost. Being with someone is very important to you.


Your strength: Your dependability


Your weakness: You hate being alone


Your power color: Midnight blue


Your power symbol: Shell


Your power month: April



It was meant to be a quick "hey let's put something up on the blog while I work on one of these essays that doesn't want to flow quickly and people will know that I'm still alive since my experiment with audioblogger didn't work quite right"

(when did I start channeling Faulkner? *shudder* someone smack me *grin*)

But it caught my attention... These are some very true assessments of me, at least at first glance.

You're a pretty traditional person. If it's lasted, it's probably good. : Without being hidebound, I do feel strongly about traditions and rituals... I've just learned to examine them without accepting them blindly, or work on developing my own. (hmmm... or is that the little bit of OCD that's in everyone speaking *grin*)

You seek stability - both in your career and your romantic relationship. : That is so very true its almost not worth commenting on... sure wish I could find it *evilgrin* Which isn't entirely fair, just a matter of focus and context I suppose... It might be more fair to say that I hope to be more aware when I find it.

In return, you're very loyal and predictable. Which is usually a good thing. : ahhh... but especially in terms of the romance angle from the previous line, that's not what most women appear to want in a man... but that just may be me having a maudlin moment over the fact that I've watched so many examples of girls in my world chasing after the bad guys... Though I don't use the phrase "Nice guys finish last" because I don't consider myself finished yet.

(*quirks an eyebrow at himself and then shakes his head* What did I just say? *shrug*)

Without a partner, you feel lost. Being with someone is very important to you. : One of the most difficult lessons I have been through has been learning how to live with myself and be comfortable being alone before I can truly expect to be happy with myself with someone else.

Your strength: Your dependability : If you ask me to do something, I will do everything reasonable to do it... It used to be anything unreasonable also, however I am learning everytime the universe has hit me in the back of the head with the great clue by four.

Your weakness: You hate being alone : The only nightmare to ever make me wake up screaming as a youngster was one where I was abandoned... alone in the world.

(There's an intense blog waiting to happen in that one...)

Your power color: Midnight blue : Woot! 'nuff said... definitely my favorite crayon color *grin*

Your power symbol: Shell : Hmm... interesting connection... most pictures or statues of otters tend to have them holding a mollusk on their chest

(Does anyone not know that my nickname ever since just before highschool is Otter? yet another blog I need to do... let me add that one to the list also)

Your power month: April : *shrug* I'm drawing a blank on that one...

now back to working on one of my regularly scheduled messages... *evilgrin*